Monday 12 May 2014

Things I Have Learnt About Myself

Since becoming a Mummy I think I have finally found my identity. I have definately learnt alot about myself in such a short space of time.

- I am A Complete Worry Wart
Before becoming a Mummy I didn't really worry about much, not consciously anyway and if I did it was probably about pointless things anyway. Now I worry about everything. Is Scarlett too hot? Too cold? Is she being sick because she has over eaten or because she is poorly? Is she getting enough milk now that shes started sleeping through the night? If she sleeps for too long, is she still breathing? Am I doing this right? Is this hurting her? Everything that I could possibly worry about - I do!

- I Can Show My Feelings
Well it's more like I do show my feelings as I don't really have a choice because when it comes to Scarlett I cannot help but express my feelings otherwise they would simply overwhelm me and I would explode!! My family have also said that I am a lot nicer person (not that I was horrible) since having Scarlett as I am more compassionate and thoughtful. The saying is true, 'you don't know what love is until you have a child of your own!'
Taken from pinterest

- It's Okay To Ask For Help
I've never really liked asking for help, I guess I'm stubborn. But since having Scarlett I've learnt to ask for help, mainly due to my worrying! I'll ask my Mum's thoughts on something that is worrying me and usually she makes me see it clearer. If I need to get ready but Scarlett is unsettled I'll ask my Mum to watch her whilst I shower. Life is a lot easier if you ask for help!

- I'm Stronger Than I Think
Being a new parent is hard. You are faced with all these new, different and unusual things and it is hard to adjust. You will resent your old life and sometimes you will feel like your not up to the challenge, but you are! Everything happens for a reason and you have been blessed with a baby because your baby needs you! When Scarlett smiles at me, it makes everything worth it and it gives me a reason to continue doing what I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read and will be replied to! If you would like to talk more or have any questions, you can tweet me @Mumma_Blog!