Wednesday 7 May 2014

Todays Thoughts

Whilst sitting on the sofa this morning watching Lorraine, Scarlett snoozing next to me, it dawned on me just how much my life has changed in the last year.



James and I have been together for 6 years, 7 in August, but in the last year we have achieved more than we did in those 6 years.

- We Moved Out
A year ago, on the 4th May 2013 (I will always remember that date, 'May the 4th be with you!'), we finally moved in with eachother in our own little flat. It was perfect for us and we were finally moving forward in our relationship! It was so lovely coming home to James everynight after work, although I missed my Mum so bad.

- We Were Pregnant
Now I can't remember the exact date (I wish I could) but just after my 21st birthday in June, we found out we were pregnant!! It was such a shock because I didn't plan to get pregnant so soon, but I would not change it for the world. I had not long been promoted to Assistant Manager at work and I felt like I was letting people down. But once I got over the initial shock I felt this instant feeling of love and I just knew this was going to be the only thing that mattered to me! I had a tiny human growing inside of me and I could not be happier. I struggled to get used to being pregnant at first, so would hide my bump under scarfs etc. It wasn't until the end of my pregnancy that I finally embraced my bump! If it wasn't for the bump you wouldn't of even known I was pregnant. I had such a lovely pregnancy, apart from SPD, and can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed it and missed it once she was here!

- James Proposed
I remember James saying we should get married before the baby was due, but I managed to talk him down (I didn't want a rushed wedding as I only plan on marrying once and want it to be perfect). After all we weren't even engaged!
Then on our 6 year anniversary James took me to London for the day and we visited all of my favourite places. It's all a bit of a blur but whilst walking through Green Park we sat on a log to admire the views and next think I know James was down on one knee infront of me, a simply beautiful ring glistening in the sun! I honestly could not tell you what he said, but I said "YES!" and hugged him so tight. I was engaged to my best friend!!!

- Our Baby Was Born
On 2nd March 2014 (12 days overdue!) our beautiful baby girl, Scarlett Jane, was born! Our little family was complete (for now) and I felt feelings I didn't even know were possible! That day I believe I was born too. From that day on I was going to spend every day loving my baby with all my heart.

Before Scarlett I wasn't really passionate about anything. I felt that my life was made up of going to work, coming home, going to bed, getting up and doing it all again! Now my life has a purpose and a direction.


Our little family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read and will be replied to! If you would like to talk more or have any questions, you can tweet me @Mumma_Blog!