Saturday 26 April 2014

Eyebrows

I have non-existent eyebrows, due to having fair hair (even though my actual hair is not actually that fair anymore!) so I usually get them tinted and waxed and pencil them on in between tints.

The lady who usually does my eyebrows got me some tint a while back but I never got round to trying to do it myself. After finding a facial wax that could be used for eyebrows I decided to give it a go! You can find the wax here.

Okay so I started by getting together all the things I needed to do my eyebrows.


I used:
- Vaseline
- Cotton buds
- Cotton wool
- Eyelash/eyebrow tint
- Tint developer
- A pot to mix the tint
- A brush to apply the tint. I used an eyeshadow brush.
- A bowl of warm water
My eyebrow before
I started by applying vaseline to the skin around my eyebrows, to stop the tint staining my skin, using a cotton bud. I then put about 2cm of tint in a pot and added between 8 - 10 drops of tint developer and mixed it together using a brush.
I generously applied it to my eyebrows brushing the same way as hair growth.



I left the tint on for about 5 minutes before wiping it off with a dry cotton wool ball. I then reapplied the tint until it was dark enough (personal choice). Once I was happy with the colour I then wiped over my eyebrows with cotton wool dipped in warm water.

Next I prepared the wax and read through the instructions. I then applied the wax by following the instructions. It was very easy to prepare and apply. It was not great at removing the little stray hairs but it was totally pain free! So I just used tweezers to remove the hairs the wax didnt.

My eyebrows after


It has not made a great difference but my eyebrows are more noticeable and tidier. It is a great (and cheap) way to maintain my eyebrows between getting them done professionally but I think I will continue to get them done professionally every now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read and will be replied to! If you would like to talk more or have any questions, you can tweet me @Mumma_Blog!